[NRVR-Members] Members Meeting, 2015 Elections and News This Thursday (22nd), 5:30pm at The Space Building

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:55:27 CST 2015

Hi and happy 2015,

It is time to start cranking up the activities for the 2015 flying season.
I know there have been some cool new rockets being built and worked on for
the new year. It is also time for membership renewals (thank you if you
already submitted yours) and hold prefecture elections as required by
Tripoli.,

I'll try to be brief but also cover the agenda for our meeting this
Thursday at the Space building (1901 Innovation Drive, Blacksburg, VA).
Bring any new friends of folks who might be interested in what we do.

Tentative agenda:

6:30 - 7:00  Meet and greet, show off new rockets, designs, electronics,
etc.
7:00 - 7:30  Time for VT Rocketry to talk about their upcoming projects and
plans for 2015
7:30 - 7:45  Tripoli elections for Prefect and Secretary*
7:45 - ???  open discussion on club goals, launches, plans, needs/wish
lists, etc.

2014 was a very tough year for me personally and I want to thank my 'rocket
buddies' for being some of the highlights in a rather discouraging year.
You guys and gals are great and I am not sure I would have endured so well
without your support.

Lets talk about what you would like the club to be and how we can make it
something great.  Lets dream big and see where we end up.  I am trying to
get a simple survey together to find out the members thoughts on what they
would like to see, do and/or not do or improve upon.  I would like to see
more members involved in the monthly duties and activities.  Together we
are much better than any of us individually.

* As Tripoli prefecture #143 we are required to hold elections for the
offices of Prefect and Secretary.  See What is a Prefecture? http://www.
tripoli.org/Membership/PrefecturesClubs/tabid/75/Default.aspx

Duties of a Prefect:

The Prefects' duties will be to oversee the Prefectures’ compliance with
the rules and regulations as required. They are authorized, as agents of
the corporation, to certify Tripoli Rocketry Association members to level 1
and level 2 for the purchase and use of motors in the applicable power
ranges. They are also responsible for keeping the Association posted as to
their activities, both as a group and any individual advancement.  The
Prefect must be a responsible person, 21 or older, been a member of Tripoli
Rocketry Association for 1 year and Certified Level 2 with the Tripoli
Rocketry Association, Inc.

Duties of a Prefect Secretary:

I haven't found anything 'official' on this but the basic duties are:

   1. Ensure the prefecture officer elections are run and submit the
   results to Tripoli HQ
   2. Submit receipts for reimbursement for the PIP (if offered)
   3. Help in the running of the prefecture

The head of a Prefecture is called a Prefect. This is usually the one
responsible for the formation of the Prefecture. It could be the local
President, or a designated member. The Prefect must be a responsible
person, 21 or older, been a member of Tripoli Rocketry Association for 1
year and Certified Level 2 with the Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc.

I apologize for my long period of silence.  I am still trying to locate
work in the area and I plan on doing as much as possible.  I still love
rocketry and the people who are part of this club and hobby.

Regards,

Bob