[NRVR-Members] Big TWO DAY Rocket Launch this Sat/Sun, PLUS a NIGHT LAUNCH Sat night!

Thomas (Tweeks) Weeks tweeks at rackspace.com
Wed Oct 14 12:53:36 CDT 2015

For those who are not subscribed to our google-calendar (or just prefer email), our big TWO DAY (+NIGHT) rocket launch is THIS WEEKEND!

    http://nrvr.org/calendar.html

Sat, October 17, (@Kentland Farm)

10:00am - 5:30pm

   Tripoli launch for model, mid and high power rockets

   using commercial motors from 1/2 A up to K impulse.

   L and M impulse rockets need to be reviewed by the Prefect.

   Waiver up to 8800 feet but very strongly recommend altitudes

   below 6,000 feet AGL. (Port-a-potty on site)

    More details on web-calendar link above

7 - 9pm

    Night launch for model and mid power rockets.

All rockets flown must be illuminated from liftoff to landing.
ONLY ROCKETS PREVIOUSLY SUCCESSFULLY  FLOWN will be allowed to launch
Limited to 3.3 pounds or less and H impulse or less.

Finger lights will be made available for model rockets.
Please come with flash light and or glow sticks for each person attending the launch.  BRING YOUR BLINKY ROCKETS! Here are some photos from our last big day+night launch:

http://nrvr.org/photos/2013-04-13_VT-Kentland+Night-Launch/

Sun, October 18, (@Kentland)

10am - 5pm

    Tripoli RESEARCH launch for model, mid and high power rockets

    using commercial and research motors from 1/2 A up to K impulse.

    L and M impulse rockets need to be reviewed by the Prefect.  Waiver

    up to 8800 feet but very strongly recommend altitudes below 6,000

    feet AGL.

    **Launch rods: 1/8, 3/16, 1/8, 3/8

           rails: 1010 in 6 and 8 foot + 1515 rail

As with all our launches, no launch fee, but membership is encouraged and donations gladly accepted.

For Tripoli Level 1 and 2 certifications, OR any flights expected to break 3,000ft AGL, please contact officers(at)nrvr.org prior to launch day for approval.

See you at the field!

Tweeks