[NRVR-Members] What's your favorite dual purpose Medium + HP Rocket?

Thomas Weeks tweeks-homework at theweeks.org
Tue Sep 8 21:41:26 CDT 2015

What's your favorite Medium+High Power (G-thru-H motor) rocket?

Since we have a number of new members, this seems like a good time to share
info on this. Especially with a big launch coming up in October, and people
preparing to place motor orders (give a shout out here if anyone needs to get
in on our group order to safe a ton of money).

I know several guys in our group like and used the Aerotech G-Force to fly G's
(pre-certification) and then used it to get their L1 certification.
Several glowing reviews here:
http://www.rocketreviews.com/aerotech-aerospace-g-force--by-dan-schneider.html

Great info and purchase link here:
https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket_Kits/Skill_Level_3_Kits/G-Force

NOTE: This is a 29mm motor mount rocket, meaning this is a solid G performer
but it can also function well to get you your L1 cert.  However, a very
popular mod is to swap out the motor mount and centering rings with 38mm
components to make this rocket a real screamer.. able to take H and some I
motors without further modifications. (contact someone who's done this before
if you never have. There are some trade offs and considerations)

Another great mid+high power performer is the LOC Precision Minnie-Mag:
http://www.rocketreviews.com/locprecision-minie-magg--by-bryan-m-chuck.html
https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket_Kits/Skill_Level_3_Kits/Minie-Magg

This one is great because it is a 38mm ready to go, plus it's over 5" in
diameter which means it has slow, dramatic liftoffs that won't punch a hole in
the stratosphere (i.e. you'll likely get it back  and get your certification
with ease ;)

Another ready to go 38mm G/H/I motor rocket is the Patriot Missile by Mad Cow:
https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket_Kits/Skill_Level_3_Kits/Patriot_Missile

A really popular rocket with the scale missile lovers. :)

More info on L1 certification:
https://www.apogeerockets.com/High-Power_Rocketry_Certification?pg=quickside

So what's YOUR favorite Medium + High Power rocket?

Tweeks