[NRVR-Members] Looking for assistants at Space Exploration Merit Badge in Salem this Saturday

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:27:28 CDT 2016

I agreed to be the counselor for the Space Exploration Merit Badge (
http://www.usscouts.org/usscouts/mb/worksheets/Space-Exploration.pdf) again
this year at the Blue Ridge Mountains Council Merit Badge College (
http://www.meritbadgeu.com/brmc/).  I have 2 full classes of 15 boy
scouts.  Last month I did the classroom instruction and helped them build
their quest Starhawk rockets.

This Saturday April 9, we are supposed to launch those rockets and each boy
must make 2 launches.  With the predicted 20-30 mph winds I don't think
this is going to happen so I will have two, 3 hour sessions in the
classroom at Andrew Lewis Middle School in Salem.  I will offer the boys
the opportunity to launch their rockets at the upcoming NRVR April 23, 24
launch for them to fulfill the requirement. For tomorrow, I am looking for
anyone who would like to help for even just an hour or two.

My plan is to show more rocket videos and pictures while I look over their
homework assignments, about 5-6 pages per boy.  If your golf game or yard
work won't happen because of the weather and you want to spend a little
time helping with rocket Q&A, or running videos, or bringing some of your
rockets to show and tell about, I would love the have you join me.  The 2
class periods run from approximately 8:30 to 11:30 and 12:00 to 3:00.

I really do know how precious Saturday time is and understand that this is
a last minute request.  However, if you would like to help spread your
knowledge and passion for rocket with 30 boy scouts I would love to have
your help.

Thanks

Bob Schoner