[NRVR-Members] Motors and Certifying

Kevin Paar kevinpaar at me.com
Fri Apr 27 14:14:02 CDT 2018

Adrien,

- Correct, you're limited to one L1 motor for the attempt. Other club
members can help you out with the process, it's not as daunting as it
seems. You should take advantage of the club group orders. Mail-ordering
single motors by yourself is insanely expensive due to the HazMat fees.
On-site vendors are great as well, IF they have the motor you want (more
likely if you pre-order with them).

- As far as I know you don't need a formal mentor before L3. I didn't.

- This mailing list is good for the questions. It's likely you're not
the only one wondering.

- The Madcow Super DX3 is similar to the Torrent. I can personally vouch
for it, having done L1/L2 with it. Several others in the club have also
built one. You can order from direct from Madcow and option it out as
desired. e.g. I found the 36" chute to be inadequate, especially for the
L2 weight. I'll have mine at the launch on Sat if you want to take a
look at it.

-- Kevin Paar

--
Sent from Postbox