[NRVR-Members] Club meeting this Saturday

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tweeks-junk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Jan 20 13:43:46 CST 2018

That's Okay Adrien.. we're just getting organized. We'll probably talk about nailing down some launch dates this year, and Bob wants to discuss some club business, etc. But because we still need to hold 2018 elections, it sounds like we'll have another meeting in Q1 (maybe next month) where we'll do the elections maybe have some cool talk/demo about HPR.

Also.. I won't have them with me tonight, but I just bought a couple copies of this new High Power rocket book by a Make: author, Mike Westerfield:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1457182971

This is the guy who was recently interviewed on The Rocketry Show that I pointed people to from our Fbook page:
https://www.therocketryshow.com/the-rocketry-show-episode-56-author-mike-westerfield-make-high-power-rockets/

It doesn't sound as exhaustive as the classic High Power Rocketry 2 book:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1412058104

but DOES sound like it might be more coherent and directed (for folks who have never done HP or been certified before), and is a bit more current (talking about things like Jolly Logic, OpenRocket, PerfectFlite, and other more current resources).

Anyway.. I'll have my copies by the next meeting.. and will try to remember to bring them.

T.Weeks
p.s. For those new to high power (or the club).. be sure to check out our "What is High Power Rocketry" page hanging off our main web site here:
http://nrvr.org/what-is-high-power-rocketry/