[NRVR-Members] Need Helpers for March Launch, and Outreach events

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Wed Mar 7 00:07:20 CST 2018

Welcome to the list David!  You're our 101st member!... and an old school Born Again Rocketeer! Welcome back to the sport sir!

The LOC IV is a good, classic mid/high power rocket with a nice bigg 4" BT (body tube).. Great choice! Have any pictures of your build you want to share?

Did you have a 38mm motor or casing for it yet?  Did you have a certified/HP mentor?  Please feel free to ask questions here and we'll answer what we can.  I know that Bob, Pete, Carlos, Steve myself or others would be glad to help with any design/build, or cert questions you might have.

As for your lugs.. We have all the common rod, rail and unistrut sizes out there.  That rocket could fly on either a set of 1/4" lugs, or the more common/modern 10/10 rail buttons or conformal railguides.  Most of our guys seems to prefer the new, easy to use well-nut style rail buttons like these:
[ http://aeroconsystems.com/cart/launch-recovery/rail-button-black-sky-style-pair/ ]( http://aeroconsystems.com/cart/launch-recovery/rail-button-black-sky-style-pair/ )

They're a little more expensive, but a real dream to use.. not like the old days we used to mess with blocks of wood, T-nuts and epoxy. :)

If you don't have any, please don't hesitate to ask!

Tweeks