[NRVR-Members] Volunteers for STEM Outreach Event?

Weeks, Thomas t.weeks at vt.edu
Wed Mar 14 15:11:08 CDT 2018

Hey all!

So we have an outreach event on Tuesday night as a part of the "Hidden Figures" (women in Engineering & Aerospace) event listed here:
https://it.vt.edu/resources/publications/spotlight/index/hiddenfigures.html

NRVR has been asked to come make a showing with a static display table, maybe a laptop/videos, and a couple big rockets on Tue from 3-8pm. Volunteers are invited to take a break and watch the free screening of the Women of NASA related "Hidden Figures" movie from 4:30-6:30... as long as we rush back out to our display table afterwards to shake hands and answer questions about Rockets and Aerospace. (hoping to get some of the Rocketry at VT students & faculty too :)

We've had Rocketry at VT help with events like this before, and it's been really great:
[cid:b5e006b5-c105-4158-a859-fdfeeb7b69c9][cid:4893a61c-1b44-4407-9591-e08bb375fd22]

We just need a couple of big rockets.. and maybe 3-4 medium sized ones.. some big motor casings, etc.

Please email me ASAP if you plan to attend.. and tell me what you can bring rocket-gear wise. :)
I can bring my 8 footer.. but it's still naked and kinda ugly.   It would be nice to get a couple of perdy ones. :)

I'll plan on having a laptop & LCD display for showing HP rocket videos.

Email me if interested in helping out.

T.Weeks