[NRVR-Members] Preparing for May Launch

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Thu May 10 21:58:57 CDT 2018

Our defined positions says LDs "should be a certified flyer..":
https://tinyurl.com/nrvr-duties

Launch Director:
A pre/during/post launch volunteer position can be different at each launch, but is needed to smoothly “run” the launch from planning, to execution, to wrap up. The LD should be a certified flyer, and will need to work with the established RSO to help run a safe launch. The LD will:
* Be the named organizer/overseer of a specific launch.
* Activate the FAA waiver, perform Airport call-ins (opening and closing).
* Should be able to attend/oversee the entire launch (day).
* Ensure we have people-coverage to reasonably start and conclude the full launch event.
* Collect launch report statistics (for president launch reports, etc)

But Bob and the other members are always willing to teach others. Just keep asking questions and watching what Bob and others check for and do during LD, LCO and RSO duties.

We're also in the process of writing down some of the "HOWTO" duties (see link above), especially the more common LCO and RSO roles that the LD helps insure we have covered during a lunch.

Tweeks