[NRVR-Members] Group Motor Buy?

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Sat Sep 29 20:57:27 CDT 2018

Yeah Jim.. I wouldn't fret not being able to get CTI and reloads right now... Especially for certification flights, single use DMS motors are great. When it comes to cert flights, the Simpler the better.
Has anyone else had problems getting CTI reloads?
Chris seems to have plenty in stock:
[ https://www.csrocketry.com/rocket-motors/cesaroni/motors/pro-38/2g-reloads.html ]( https://www.csrocketry.com/rocket-motors/cesaroni/motors/pro-38/2g-reloads.html )
Tweeks
I know, its barren out there, and seems to be especially so for CTI reloads. :-/
As a point of possible interest/discussion, I'd been querying Tweeks and Bob about reloadable hardware (basically, Aerotech vs CTI), and from those discussions, my take-away was that CTI was probably more what I was looking for. Given the paucity of the CTI reloads at present, though, I looked more at the Aerotech side of the equation, and concluded that I was money ahead to use the Aerotech DMS (single-use, with adjustable delay) - its essentially the pre-assembled internals of the CTI reload, but no need for a case, and the price of equivalent DMS motors vs CTI reloads (not even taking into account the cost of the CTI case) was noticeably less expensive for the Aerotech DMS. (I was looking at I motors and below in 29 and 38mm, I didn't look beyond that range...)  Not sure if others have experience with the Aerotech DMS motors, but I'll happily share mine after the upcoming launch. :-)
Jim