2019 Membership & Elections Meeting, Jan 31st, 6:00pm at the CRC

Peter Cadra pcadra at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 18:03:35 CST 2019

Happy New Year NRVR Members!

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this year's first membership meeting.

Where: 1880 Pratt Dr, Ste# 2018, Blacksburg, VA 24060

When: Thursday Jan 31, 2019 from 6-8:30pm

What: Club/TRA Business Meeting (incl. elections) + fun Show-n-Tell activities

On the calendar here:
http://nrvr.org/calendar/

Tweeks will follow-up with more info on the 2019 Launch Planning, the 2019 BFSL, and also the fun Rocket Show-n-Tell activities!

The business items that DO need to happen at this meeting are:

* Officer Elections (we need some folks to step up and help out this year!)
* Accepting 2019 NRVR club membership dues/renewals

For Elections, the positions are:

-Prefect (club leader who oversees rule compliance, certifications, contact with TRA, etc...)
-Secretary (doing meeting/launch announcements like this email and working with the webmaster on the google calendar)
-Webmaster (keeping up the website, facebook, etc)
-Treasurer (accepting membership dues, depositing/tracking funds, issuing membership cards, members email list, etc)
-Launch Director (hauling trailer, setup/breakdown, etc)

On the Membership side:

As the current treasurer, I'll have new membership forms at the meeting. If you are renewing your membership, for your convenience, I will have your archived 2018 membership forms

on hand for signing-off on for 2019. Dues are same as last year:

* students = $5
* Individual = $20
* Family = $25

(cash, check or money orders and NOW we can accept credit card payments!)

New membership forms can be found here: http://nrvr.org/join-nrv-rocketry/

Thanks again for your participation in this great rocketry club,

Pete Cadra
NRV Rocketry Treasurer