[NRVR-Members] Members Meeting, Elections & New Year Show-n-Tell THIS THURSDAY NIGHT!

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Wed Jan 30 21:04:01 CST 2019

So is anyone bringing anything cool to tomorrow night's meeting?

Thur night.. 6pm: https://goo.gl/bYgWZd

Tweeks

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:37am, "Thomas Tweeks Weeks" <tom at theweeks.org> said:

Hey all..

Wow.. 2018 was a wild and crazy year for NRVR!!! We raised money to buy the trailer outright (!!.. plus raised enough the do some much needed upgrades too!), we were gifted a new wireless launch control system (thanks Bloom!). bought new HP pads.. but if that weren't enough blessings..  a sister VA-TRA club (SEVRA) sadly is spinning down.. and in the past 30 days has gifted NRVR a pro-grade PA system, a BIG ROCKET tri-beam uni/1515 away tower, and a super loud heads up alert horn system!

Wow.. we're in the big leagues now folks!

The only down side with all this cool stuff we've picked up this past year is that our trailer is so full now we're having to install wall to all shelving units!

It's been a really full year.. I want to personally thanks all those who really stepped up and really helped out the club out of several tight places.. from the buying of the trailer.. to the new wireless launch system.. and all the generous donations by club members and from our friends at SEVRA.
Thanks to everyone...

Okay.. with that behind us..

First 2019 Meeting This Thursday!
Just a reminder.. [ as listed on our calendar ]( http://nrvr.org/calendar/ ), our first meeting of 2019 is this Thursday night at 6pm at the CRC / Pratt Drive location again.

Approximate Meeting Agenda:
6pm - 2018 Recap (by officers)
6:30 - Financial Report (by treasurer, Pete)
6:45 - TRA/Club Elections (for Prefecture, Secretary/Treasurer, President positions)
7pm - Launch & Event Planning for 2019
7:30 - Member renewals along with...
7:30-8:30 - Rocket Related Show-n-Tell (bring cool stuff!)

Map: [ https://goo.gl/bYgWZd ]( https://goo.gl/bYgWZd )

Elections:
Rumor has it that we're loosing Pete (our Secretary/Treasurer, and friend) as he and his wife are moving back to NJ.  :^(  He says he'll still make it down for the occasional launch though, so we'll still see him now and then, so he's not gone forever :)   But Pete leaving also means we'll be down the Secretary/Treasurer roles...  The first of which is required by TRA be filled in our annual election. So if anyone is thinking about pitching in a little more.. we could use a hand in 2019!  If anyone wants to try their hand at Prefect, President, or Secretary/Treasurer positions, all our elected positions (and the duties they each entail) are being voted on in this meeting and are listed here:
[ https://tinyurl.com/nrvr-duties ]( https://tinyurl.com/nrvr-duties )

Bob and I are tired.. so if you're interested in throwing your hat in.. please do!

Membership Renewals:
Reminder.. this meeting (Jan 31st) is the last date to re-up your 2019 membership without member-list disruption.
New/Blank membership forms are here:
[ http://server2.nrvr.org/files/NRVR-Membership-Form.pdf ]( http://server2.nrvr.org/files/NRVR-Membership-Form.pdf )

Lifetime members, we still need you to re-initial your old liability form for 2019.  Pete or Tweeks should have the old forms on hand. Worse case, we'll have a stack of new blank forms for everyone.

Show-n-Tell:
Saving the most fun part for last.. everyone.. please bring something cool to the meeting that either you've acquired or have been working on over the past few months! Seriously.. and it doesn't have to be complete yet either!  Hopefully a few folks from last week will be bringing in some of those cool new EggTimer and GPS EggFinder kits we've been working on.

I for one would really like to see some cool new rockets!

Did I miss anything Bob?

 Tweeks
 NRV Rocketry President