[NRVR-Members] MEMBERS/STUDENTS Fall Afternoon/Night Launch THIS WEEKEND

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 19:12:52 CST 2020

The intent of the “must fly on the same configuration” is to prove the
rocket is stable, has sufficient thrust to overcome any additional weight
and drag induced by adding illumination and to verify recovery. My
interpretation is that it doesn’t HAVE to be the same motor. A similar
thrust and impulse can be sufficient proof that the rocket can be expected
to perform similarly if flown at night with a different motor.

This is just my opinion and others may have a different opinion. So
basically if you can fly the rocket on a similar G motor with glow sticks
as you intend to fly at night, and it flys and recovers successfully then
that meets the spirit of the requirement.

Bob