[NRVR-Members] NRV Rocketry Club Update

Adrien Drouault adrien.drouault at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 19:51:01 CST 2022

Happy New Year, Rocketeers!

I hope everyone had a safe and pleasant holiday season.

It's time for New River Valley Rocketry to start preparing for a new launch
year, so, there are a few housekeeping items and announcements to go over..

First up, January means that it's time for annual student, individual, and
family memberships to be renewed.  We will be purging and resetting the
mailing list (which this e-mail is going through) at the end of January, so
get those renewal forms in.

However, since the 2021 flying season was interrupted by an unforeseen
launch hold, we are again extending the offer that renewing individual and
family memberships will be at half-price; this is our way of saying "thank
you" for sticking with us through a couple of very challenging years.

Secondly, we have our annual membership meeting and elections scheduled for
Thursday, January 27th, from 6:30 to 8:30 EST.

The main purpose of this meeting is to vote on officers for the coming
year.  There are three key positions which require duties away from the
launch field, for which we vote:
-Prefect (TRA):  Currently Bob Schoner
-Secretary (TRA) / Club Treasurer: Generally performed by one person;
currently me, Adrien Drouault
-Club President (Not a TRA position): Currently Tom "Tweeks" Weeks

I am stepping down as Secretary/Treasurer, so this position really needs
someone to volunteer.  If you think you might be interested in helping out,
we have a list of positions/duties here: https://tinyurl.com/nrvr-duties

We will also have some time available if anyone has an interesting project
they want to share with everyone.

The meeting will primarily be via Zoom, at the following URL:
https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/85823565288

We have a physical space available for the meeting if COVID protocols allow:
1880 Pratt Drive
Second Floor Conference Room
Blacksburg VA, 24060

If we do have people able and willing to show up in-person, the Zoom
meeting will still go on, so don't feel like you must show up in person if
you don't wish to.

Thanks for your time; I know we're all looking forward to a great year of
rocketry.

Adrien Drouault
Secretary/Treasurer

--

*Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.*