[NRVR-Members] Future outreach opportunities and a group motor order

Bob Schoner bob.schoner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:44:11 CST 2014

Hi all,

Barry Bedwell and I attended the University of Scouting in Roanoke this
past Saturday.  This is an area wide training event where they invite
different 'vendors' who represent areas of interest for cub and boy
scouts.  It was pretty low key but we made contact with a few folks who
were very interested in what we do.

I met Adam from the Roanoke Science Museum who was interested in doing
something together in the spring, probably at the museum.  We also talked
with Mike O'Brochta who is high up in the local scouting scene.  He is the
merit badge coordinator for the local council and very active in STEM
events for scouting.  Mike and I are trading email about possible events in
Roanoke on December 6 and in Rocky Mount on March 14 and April 11.  I am
interested in working on these outreach opportunities.

Kristy Collins who was a great partner for the September Homer Hickam
launch is looking for help with Kids Tech University events on February 21
and launching on March 21.  If you are interested in helping with any of
these events, please note the date and let me know.

I would like to put in a motor order to Ken Allen in the next week or two.
Usually if we can get $300 in motors, Ken will pay the hazmat fee.  If you
were to buy any G or above motors from any motor vendor you will have to
pay for a $35 hazmat fee. This is an opportunity to save some money on
hazmat fees and maybe get some things for your favorite rocketeer for
Christmas.

I will call Ken on Tuesday and place my order.  Let's make the cut off on
December 2nd so there is time to get it shipped in time for Christmas.
Ken, just holler if there is anything else you want us to know before we
order.

Thanks.

Bob