[NRVR-Members] FYI - Eggtimer trackers are on sale this weekend

Eric Paterson egpaterson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 03:25:19 CDT 2018

I think NRVR should consider developing an educational plan on a number of topics.  Electronics, experimental motors, basic building techniques, advanced building techniques, etc.  We have much of the required talent among members.  But we could also bring in guests such as Pat did with the telemetry lecture last year.  I have also  invited a speaker to visit and teach a class on experimental rocket motors (someone who does this at big rocket launches).  I’m sure we could come up with a plan that would cover 4 topics per year.

This would serve several purposes:

- enrichment and enjoyment of the hobby by current members

- support of Rocketry @ VT (Kevin, Pat and I are beginning to organize 4 or 5 clubs/teams under a single framework to enhance education, safety and space utilization)

- growth of NRVR by offering training

- raise NRVR profile regionally and nationally

I would recommend that Tweeks do his Rocket Electronics class whenever he is ready, and that we discuss broader educational mission of the club at a future meeting.

Eric

Sent from my iPad