[NRVR-Members] Want To Do A Launch Road Trip to VAST in Monterrey VA? July 18-19th

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Sun Jun 28 00:48:30 CDT 2020

Hey all..

Bob, Adrien and I have reached out to the Prefect Chuck Neff at our old sister
club VAST, up NW of Staunton next to the WV border (around 2.5hr drive):
    Launch Site - https://goo.gl/maps/pufYGDXEVDSZyteP9

VAST is holding an unadvertised two day launch (Sat=Commercial, Sun=Research)... so there's a lot of potential for fun! :)

One thing.. to ensure he has the gear set up for our group size, he DID ask that we give him a head count.. so if you can make it, please RSVP:
RSVP Here -->  https://tinyurl.com/vast-launch-july

Saying if you plan on going up Sat or Sunday.

Also.. since HE is not advertising this launch, neither are we. Please don't post this on our Fbook page or any community event listings. :)

TRAVEL:
I would really love to do a couple big group vehicles.. but we're still supposed to be social distancing, so maybe that's not a great idea. We're all adults.. I'll leave that up to you. Doesn't mean we can't all leave together though.  Maybe we could all head out from the CBurg McDonalds or something. (TBD).

FIELD DETAILS:
Chuck did impress on me to pass on to you all that they do have a field a little smaller than what we're used to at Kentland.. I forget what their waiver ceiling is, but he says anything from 2,500 up, he recommends either a fast descending dual deploy, or a chute release.  So keep that in mind.

What do you all think.. Interested in flying? :)

Please RSVP up at the top if you want to attend.

Tweeks