[NRVR-Members] VAST Launch this Weekend

Adrien Drouault adrien.drouault at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 11:23:56 CDT 2021

I am definitely planning on going up to VAST this weekend; is anyone else
interested in going?

Also, I know some of you have been there before; this will be my first time
there.  Are there any special steps we need to take beforehand?  A
couple of things that I know (or think I know, based on their "Flyer
Information" page <https://www.valleyaerospace.com/index.php/flyer>):

   - Their field is about 1000' MSL higher than ours, so adjust your sims
   accordingly
   - Their field has some size constraints, so if you have something big
   and gnarly, definitely contact Chuck first
   - Similarly, if you're going past 2k AGL, plan for dual deployment or a
   chute release
   - I'm pretty sure they have a standing "no sparky" rule
   - Big, slow, low and visible seems to be the best method for flying there

I'm planning on flying my *Chunky Monkey*, but not very high, mostly as a
second round of systems checks.

Let's see if we can get out there and burn some motors
--ad

--

*Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.*